All UK landlords must be able to provide their tenants with an up-to-date Gas Safety certificate.
Benefits of booking a gas safety check through ClickTenant.com
We have a direct partnership with British Gas, who will send a qualified engineer to carry out Gas Safety Inspection of your rental property. Once the inspection has been carried out, we’ll provide you with a certificate for the property valid for 1 year.
- An inspection of your gas meter, pipework, and any other gas appliances within the property.
- A Gas Safety Certificate showing the outcome of the inspection.
Why do I need a Gas Safety Check and Certificate?
It is a legal requirement that all gas appliances in rented accommodation have been checked so that they are safe for tenants. Failure to produce a valid gas safety certificate is a criminal offence and could lead to heavy fines or imprisonment.
How often do I need a Gas Safety Check?
Annual gas safety checks must be carried out on each gas appliance inside your property by a certified gas engineer - and you must keep a record of inspection dates and any work carried out. Gas safety certificates are only valid for 12 months.
What information is included on the Gas Safety Certificate:
- Description and location of each appliance and/or flue checked.
- Name, registration number and signature of the engineer who carried out the check.
- Date on which the appliance and/or flue was checked.
- The address of the property at which the appliance and/or flue is installed.
- The name and address of the landlord (or agent where appropriate).
- Any defect identified and any action required or taken to fix it.
- Confirmation of the results of operational safety checks carried out on the appliances.