Just Landlords, a provider of 5 Star rated Landlord Insurance, has launched its #AutumnIsHere competition to celebrate all things cosy interiors and to highlight how creative tenants can be when it comes to sprucing up their rental properties.
It is typical that landlords prohibit their tenants from decorating or causing any minor damage (such as pin holes in the walls) to their properties. This is usually a clause in all tenancy agreements, which can make some tenants feel like they can’t put their own spin on their property and make it feel more like home. But this needn’t be the case – there are many ways that you can add some finishing touches to the landlord’s décor to put your personality into the property (and no drilling holes is required!).
If you’ve prepared your property for autumn with some snug accessories, Just Landlords is giving you the chance to win a £100 John Lewis voucher by entering its new competition. All you have to do is post pictures of your cosy home on Facebook or Twitter by Thursday 30th November 2017 using the hashtag #AutumnIsHere and tagging @JustLandlords.
The second and third place winners will also receive a £50 or £25 Amazon voucher respectively – don’t miss out on these great prizes!
To help get you into the autumn spirit and give you some ideas to prepare your rental property, Just Landlords has its top ideas for making your home more cosy:
- Use fluffy cushions to create a snug space in your living area.
- Add a large, knitted throw to the master bed, which will instantly transform the look of the room.
- Create warm lighting with some fairy lights or new lamps to form a cosy atmosphere.
- Light seasonal scented candles in the main living spaces – they’re also great, simple accessories
- Start lighting the fire – rather than putting the heating on, use your fire if you have one, which will make the place homely.
Are you inspired to get your rental home ready for autumn? It doesn’t need to be difficult to add your own homely touches to a property, and you won’t break your tenancy agreement by opting for these simple finishing touches. If you’ve spruced up your property ahead of the colder season, get snapping and posting on Facebook or Twitter to enter the competition – we can’t wait to see what you’ve done to your home!
Read the full competition Terms and Conditions online here: Autumn Competition.